Monday, December 11, 2006

The Christmas season is now in full swing and I am enjoying every chaotic moment. The time constraints are so tight this year that I am forced to use my last day of paid vacation to simply go Christmas shopping. Gift giving is the most stress element of the entire season. Driving hundreds of miles to see that one crazy aunt in her festive red sweater is perfectly natural. Or packing around a crowded dinner table eating dried out meat and overcooked vegetables is nothing new. The hardest part is finding that perfect gift which lights up the eyes and heart. I will beat my brains out as the expression goes attempting to uncover the gift which allodes me. One of the best recent memories from Christmas was Jared and my gift for my mom 3 years ago. We purchased a few albums of various sizes and then filled each album to the brim with pictures of our youth we found in an old box. The sight of my mom's tears brought the greatest feeling in the world. I admit not all of my gifts are received in such a manner but such is my intention. Once I have found the right gift, I hate waiting to give it to them. I guess it only heightens the joy of Christmas but it still make it hard. I only hope people enjoy my gifts nearly as much as I enjoyed finding them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home