Monday, September 11, 2006

The day Anna and I have waited for finally came. On Friday, Anna joined the ranks of individuals the government deems responsible enough to consume alcohol. Anna can now order wine at a fancy restaurant without the fear of the dreaded words, "Can I see your I.D.". After the long awaited 21st birthday past, birthdays lose their allure. No longer do you wait in anticipation of increased freedoms. Birthdays now only signify the pasting of time and the hope that next year will be better the previous. I wish birthdays still came with the longing on an eight year-old. I remember those days of counting down each day until my day finally arrived. I was king for a day and took full advantage of it. When I turn 24 later this month, I will get up like any other day and go to work. I will enjoy spending the evening with Anna and whatever plans she has for me but I miss the days of the homemade crown and the pile of presents on the dinner table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home