Sunday, September 24, 2006

I can now proudly claim to have tried Scotland’s infamous haggis. Last night I ventured up to Bethlehem PA to the Celtic Festival with Anna, Keith, Rachel, and Andrew (we meet Paul there). Andrew being a proud MacDonald is rather found of the lamb dish. Consequently, I figured this might be a perfect time to at least try the dish. If asked to dish haggis, I would say that the first taste isn’t nearly as bad as the reputation would have you believe. The aftertaste is the kicker. Liver is one of the only foods I do not like but I will eat it from time to time. All I could taste was sheep's liver once the bite was fully swallowed. Thankfully, there was ample beer to wash away the taste. Later in the evening, I found a great fish and chips shop to truly satisfy my hunger. You must appreciate a fish and chips shop who will take the time to fry your fish as your order it regardless if you’re in a tent out in the middle of a huge festival. A friday night spent with friends drinking good beer and good food is a night well spent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Stirling MacDonald said...

Yeah, haggis sure is great.... tho even I will admit htat the aftertaste (and breath) is just horrible.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home