Friday, November 04, 2005

Who invented daylight savings time and why did they think it was a grand idea? Suddenly, I must fight off the annoying rays of light poking their unwanted heads through my blinds. No longer can I sleep in peace during the morning. Then the sun renders the earth dark by 5 pm so you have no hope of enjoying the drive home from work while soaking the last few remaining rays of light. I repeat. Who thought this was benefical in any way? I have effectively traded sunlight when I want it for sunlight when I would rather be left in the dark. The trade makes about as much sense as selling the island of NY for a bunch of brightly colored beads. I know some people will point out that in a few months it wont make that much of difference because there will be so few hours of sunlight anyway. Well if that is the case why not wait till that is indeed the case and then change the clocks. Why do something now which can be done later and no one will know the difference? All I ask is to enjoy the limited sleep I do get. So if anyone wishes to join me, I will be boycotting daylight savings time until further notice.

1 Comments:

Blogger I am PS: said...

Don't boycott! Move to Arizona!

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home